`````````````````````````````````````````````````````
``````````````````````````````````````````````````````
``````````````````````````````````````````````````````
"I say I wanna give You glory Lord, and I do
But everything that I could ever find to offer comes from You
But if my darkness can praise Your light
You give me breath, and I'll give my life to sing Your praise" ~ Rich Mullins


~~~~May my life be a praise unto the Lord!~~~~

Monday, September 22, 2008

Fall into Reading 2008



Well, it's the first day of fall and along with cooler weather and changing colors, that also means it's time for the Fall into Reading challenge at Callapidder Days. I love the reading challenges as they give me direction to my reading and help me get to some of those books that have been sitting around waiting to be read. It also helps me to remember to revisit series books that I have been distracted from when going on reading whims.

I have to say that I also love the little graphic this fall! Especially the pumpkin! Pumpkins are my favorite thing about fall!

My list this fall is a little more conservative than in the past as I just haven't had a lot of reading time lately with school and all our other obligations! Though, of course, I couldn't get it too short! There are just too many books to read! So, my goal is just to read as many as possible. There will most likely be other books finding their way onto this list through the fall. There are always books that just call my name and demand to be read.

As I read each book, I will check it off and turn the title into the link to the review. So, check back periodically if you want to see what I think of the books.

NonFiction:

Wild at Heart by John Eldredge

✓Healing the New Childhood Epidemics by Kenneth Bock and Cameron Stauth

Could It be Autism by Nancy Wiseman

Settled Accounts: Learning How to Forgive and Release by Joff Day

✓Mother Warriors by Jenny McCarthy

✓Multiple Blessings by Jon and Kate Gosselin

Fiction:

✓Before Green Gables by Budge Wilson

✓The Winding Ways Quilt by Jennifer Chiaverini

✓Jessie by Lori Wick

Peach Cobbler Murder by Joanne Fluke

✓To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee

Mr. Monk Goes to Germany by Lee Goldberg

Amish Information Box:

Amish Life Through a Child’s Eyes by Alma Hershberger

Book Club Selection:

✓Whispers of the Bayou by Mindy Starns Clark

✓An Irish Christmas by Melody Carlson

Audio Books:

✓The Cat Who Knew a Cardinal by Lilian Jackson Braun

✓Anne of Green Gables by L. M. Montgomery

✓The Cat Who Moved a Mountain by Lilian Jackson Braun

9 comments:

Pattie said...

Yay! I'm a Monk fan too; haven't picked up "Germany" yet though. Have fun with your list!

Deborah said...

oh whispers on the bayou is excellent!!! you're going to love that one!

Katrina @ Callapidder Days said...

Looks good! We love Monk here, but I've only read one of the books. I may need to pick up more. And I'm glad you like the graphic. I love pumpkins too. :)

Thanks for being part of Fall Into Reading '08!

Anonymous said...

I just finished Jessie last week and TKAM a few weeks before. You'll love them, I'm sure!

I didn't know there were Monk books! Will have to look for them.

Kayren said...

I've seen a few of these, but the only one I've read is Whispers of the Bayou. I absolutely love Mindy Starns Clark. She is one of my favorite authors. I love her Smart Chick/Tulip series, and also the Million Dollar Mysteries that are out of print now.

Enjoy!

~ Kayren

Brittanie said...

I am loving the Hannah Swenson series too. :)

Lindsay said...

I too love pumpkins!! You have some great books on your list. Have fun reading this fall :-)..

kalea_kane said...

I'm reading Mindy Starns Clark too. You have a super list!

eva said...

I've never read any of the Monk books but love the show so I look forward to reading your review!

Be sure to stop by my blog and maybe leave a comment or two.