`````````````````````````````````````````````````````
``````````````````````````````````````````````````````
``````````````````````````````````````````````````````
"I say I wanna give You glory Lord, and I do
But everything that I could ever find to offer comes from You
But if my darkness can praise Your light
You give me breath, and I'll give my life to sing Your praise" ~ Rich Mullins


~~~~May my life be a praise unto the Lord!~~~~

Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Lantern Festival

My niece, who is adopted from China, has a birthday in July. This year she decided that she wanted to celebrate her birthday by going to the Lantern Festival at the Missouri Botanical Gardens. Her celebration fell on a scorcher of a day with 106+ temps (we weren't able to find any city in the world that was hotter!) but it was worth the heat to see this. Fortunately, a storm front blew through and that did cool things down. And it was not bad enough to hurt us or the lanterns!

The festival was very neat. We saw a very talented sand artist and the amazing Chinese acrobats as well as all the beautiful lanterns. There was also a cactus and succulents display at the garden while we were there. Here are a few of the pictures I took.



















The cousins




- Posted using BlogPress from my iPod

1 comment:

Linda said...

We saw that when we were up there! Drove right past the Botanical Gardens on our way to eat at Cunetto's. I really wanted to go but we just ran out of time and money.